Saturday, November 13, 2010

7

Al l four of us, actually, were leaving at zero three. I felt a weight in my gut, at the idea of losing Jon and Tank forever.
Joe would continue on with me because we were going the same direction. Joe stayed by my side during the second leg of the journey, and things seemed back to normal between us.
I asked for his face book information, and he seemed relieved. I was glad to have known Joe, and still liked him just as much as always, I just couldn’t be around him when he started losing control.
I suddenly believed K__‘s unconditional forgiveness, something I found impossible before.
During the first leg of the trip, I hung around Jon and Tank so Joe stayed away. When Jon and Tank got on their plane, I was surprised that I still felt the connection.
I come from a woman. And everything is on the way to those breasts and legs I dream about in my sleep, even this difficult moment.
I was suddenly alone, surrounded by silhouettes of C-130’s in the dawn, and thought to myself, Look at you. You’re okay.

__________

No comments:

Post a Comment