Wednesday, November 10, 2010

13

22SEP2008 (Monday)
 
On _The Story_ (NPR):
The woman, Mary Jane of Chapel Hill, talking about The Great Depression in Rochester, NY and how she almost was left at a convent by her proud, starving parents. _I was crying and saying, I’ll be good. I’ll be good._
Dick Gordon then says, _Isn’t it funny how when something like that happens, the kid always thinks it’s their fought.
_ Yes, yes,_ she says.
Dick Gordon, later in the conversation: _When you look back on your childhood, do you feel you lost your childhood?_
Mary Jane: _I don’t regret not having a childhood, no. I received so much from the experience I did have._
__________
 
26SEP2008 (Friday)

Anger is Soulful Remembrance of what is supposed to be. Before, I was okay with the Anger-of-being-in-the-moment-for-awhile because it shined light on things to change.
Now I am learning the Anger-(Seriousness of June1st)-of-being-in-the-moment indefinitely. It shines light on things that won’t be changed in my lifetime.
Frightening truths of the times I’m living in.

No comments:

Post a Comment