Wednesday, November 10, 2010

5

14MAR2009
 
I can feel the word inside of me. Athletic. I won’t claim it naturally for some reason, there is some Story in the way. The Army is as athletic as it gets. There is a knowledge in athleticism.

I know my life, I’m me. Still, I’m working on finding the part of the Story that has so much power over me – the part I can’t remember.
__________
 
15MAR2009

Scratched into the Porta-Jon wall: _Peritus Veru_
__________
16MAR2009

Other thing I noticed about K____ -- whenever he says he doesn’t really like someone it’s always for the same reason: they’re too cocky, too about themselves, they think they know it all .. K_____ has to be the cocky one. Maybe, I don’t know, what does it matter.
Sat with K_____ in LMTV in motor pool for an hour talking, then sat in the back of the LMTV later on that night, talking for another hour. I think we might be friends.

__________
 
18MAR2009
 
(K_____) What does he see in me? He followed me into the tent, he always tries to be around me. His eyes always find me. Like with W___. It would freak me out. Now I mean to stay cool.
It’s nice to know that things I know nothing of and can’t control about myself are seen as Good by others.
K____ made up the idea of my doing an IV, just to keep me around him. He implied like an OC was pushing it, but really he just came up with it off the top of his head.
Later, I tried to leave to relieve An___ and K__ called after me and stopped me, just so he’d have me right by him again. We’re friends, I think.
When K__’s tired, he talks more and more quietly. To the point I can barely make him out. He doesn’t know he does that.

No comments:

Post a Comment